Monday, February 14, 2011

DAY 12 - Thrifty Monday!

Happy Valentines Day!

So, I didn't actually do any thrifting this weekend, so in honour of Valentines day I am going to show you some thrifts my ♥'s Mr. P and Momma have dug up for me recently.

I ♥ them and I ♥ these:

Got this set  and the carrier from my Mom for Xmas! I love them! I used them on NYE and sadly one glass broke, so I am on the hunt for a replacement.

Love these trays/plates! They are literally A "Fab" Product. The sticker on the back says :
A "Fab" Product - "Fab" is for Fabric" Yes, the pattern that you see is actually a carefully chosen decorator's fabric that has been sealed in a clear polyester composition. The surface is mark proof, stain and alcohol resistant, and can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth. Avoid rough handling - this product is quite durable but is not unbreakable. Exposure to excessive heat may cause warping."Handcrafted in Barrie, Canada by Hardy-Glenwood Products





Mr. P brought home this cute little ruler for me. It folds up and looks like it got lots of use. I love it for its used, well loved look, brass details and for how practical it is.

This is an old Radio Flyer Scooter that Mr. P found at a business that was going out of sale, and got for FREE, for superboy! It's called "Retro Red" and is model#38CN. I imagine that originally the red would have been quite vibrant but currently its pretty faded, but other than that its in really great shape. It even has its original tassels! Once we move and Mr. P is settled in his new workshop he is going to clean up the rusted bits and make this baby shine like new! If you happen to see a red blur zip past you during the summer, have no fear its just your friendly neighborhood SuperBoy!


My mom got this for me for Christmas. The handles and salt and pepper shakers are made of wood and the rest is plastic. Can't wait to back these puppies out at my next shin dig!





Some more vintage books for NoNo and SuperBoy! Thank You SuperNana. (aka.my Mom)

and
and

ps: sorry about the wonky way the books are showing up. I can't seem to get them to display the way I want.

6 comments:

  1. Hello - what great things your family have unearthed for you, I used to love The Borrowers. Great copy, and of Treasure Island too, fab cover. I'm a sucker for old books. And an amazing looking scooter :-)

    I did pretty well this week too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    Yes they both have a great eye for these things, especially my mom. The books are fabulous, and I really hope that the kids appreciate them as they get older.
    The scooter is so awesome, and even better it was FREE! My son is going to be zipping up and down the driveway this summer. I will post new pics of him on it then.
    Heading over to your spot to check out your finds.
    Have a great day.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to click over when I saw your fabulous gold star glasses. I have had a set for over 30 years. I'll keep an eye out for a replacement for you. Lately old bar sets have been trickling into our thrifts pretty regularly.
    Peter Pan and Wendy is my favorite of your book finds. Does it include Nana?
    I am still on the hunt for folding rulers. We always had them around the house in toolboxes. Never gave them much thought and now they are wildly popular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    They are fabulous aren't they! You are right, I see lots of different ones around the place these days...
    Yes, this version and copy from 1959 does have Nana the dog in it. There is even a great illustration of Nana with Michael on her back.

    The ruler came home with my husband. He checked out a business that was shutting down and the new owner was just dumping loads and loads of stuff. He snagged that and the scooter. I was soo sad that he didn't call me because I knew that place was a treasure trove of goodness.

    Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your day.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, love the books and that hostess set!
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sena. I love your name!
    Dayna

    ReplyDelete