Friday, February 4, 2011

DAY 2 - Books & Burgers

How sad is it that I just started the blog and already I am a day late in my posting. So even though it's technically Day 3, I am posting about Day 2....

I made cornmeal porridge for breakfast. Super easy, quick, satisfying and best of all SuperBoy and Baby NoNo both gobbled it up! I don't work from a recipe for porridge, but if you want to try it check out this recipe. I would actually cut the amounts in half because this will make allot of porridge, and also if you don't have all the extra's (condensed milk, vanilla, nutmeg), just use cinnamon or whatever you have.

We were out for lunch today. I took SuperBoy and NoNo to Indigo for a little bookstore fun. So we just had fruit and crackers and cheese and then got pastries from the ridonculously expensive Starbucks.

For dinner we just had leftovers, which I know doesn't bode well for blogging but I couldn't in good conscience cook more food when we had lots of leftover goodness. The kids had some beef with rice and mushrooms and Mr.P had some soup from the night before, which is sign in and of itself of the goodness of that soup, because Mr.P doesn't like 'brought forward' , as he calls it.


I cheated tonight and had a burger and onion rings. I had gone out with my sisters while the kids and Mr.P ate and when I came home I had a hankering for a burger. Mr.P graciously offered to go and pick one up and I graciously accepted :)...

Tomorrow I will do better. I hope.

D

No comments:

Post a Comment