Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 7 pt 1 - I ♥ Other People's Junk!

Morning!

As promised I added a bit of details about the pieces I showed you in yesterdays post.(scroll down beneath each picture).

I actually got a fair bit more than I showed you guys, and even scored a couple great pieces for my momma. She collects vintage pyrex and mid-century modern bits, so I picked her up an aqua Cinderella bowl  in mint condition, and when we went out for VV trip number two I spotted a pair of atomic sunburst wall sconces, that match the great sunburst clock she has. She was one happy VVS (Value Village Shopper) by the time we left.

Both Mr. P and are fans of vintage and antique (is there a difference??) memorabilia, furniture and knick knacks. I will keep you all posted on our upcoming thrifting trips, especially once we enter flea market season. We will be searching for deals and special pieces to furnish and decorate the new house, and also we have decided to try and decorate, within reason, the room we will be using as our living room in keeping with the period of the house which was built in 1917, so we will definitely be on the hunt and hope you virtually tag along.

I will be back later with toady's food and a recipe. I am off now to help my mom haul in a couch she scored on kijiji!

Holla.
D

No comments:

Post a Comment